Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Harvest


Since my last post was about the density and congestion of Delhi, I thought I would show you what a stark contrast there was out in the country. I passed mile after mile of wheat fields throughout my journey. I'm no farmer, but it looked as though it's just about time for the harvest.

One late afternoon, as I was staring out the window of our vehicle, rumbling down a bumpy country road, I spotted these deer running through a field. I was told they were chital deer, and just out of sight of my photo, the deer were following a huge male Nilgai, which looks like a blue deer.

I really enjoyed seeing the slower pace and relative quiet of the farmlands; it's a nice change of pace from urban London.

3 comments:

Anna said...

I love the way that wheat looks. Nice shots. What a refreshing site it must have been after times of chaos and crowding. :)

Me.

kenju said...

That pic of the deer is a classic, John. I think maybe Anna isn't the only one in the family with photographic talent.....

bluemountainmama said...

those are very interesting deer....and what a contrast from the last set of photos.

goes from chaos to peace......