Sunday, April 29, 2007

Faces of India

Just for the record, I am not the photographer in the family. I'm not even the writer. But it is through my wife Anna's encouragement and proding, that I am venturing out into blogland to share some of my photos from my recent trip to India. You can't go to India and not be effected by the masses of people, the sights and sounds, and the vibrant culture.

These first two photos are of a school I visited, and it's the first of some wondrous faces I saw, and amazing people that I came across on my visit. These particular children are living in extreme poverty, and yet they seemed to have a genuine joy you can see in their smiles. They really made a profound impact on me.

In the days and weeks to come I will be posting a series of pictures from my travels across India.

7 comments:

Anna said...

They are so sweet and precious. I am so grateful for your opportunity to see their India for a bit...

John said...

sweet...glad the blog is up and running...would you mind if I called my blog "that journey"

Anonymous said...

John, welcome to the world of blogging. I am a bit of a newcomer also. I for one would love to hear more about this trip to India.

bluemountainmama said...

hi anna's husband! very cool that you'll be sharing your pics...will be looking forward to it! i'm motherskylark's sis so i've heard lots of stories...... :)

Tracy said...

Welcome, John! I can't wait to read your thoughts.

kenju said...

John, welcome! I look forward to your posts and photos.

CG said...

Am very interested in India; am looking forward to seeing your photos and getting to know you :)